The Inspiration Home will be open one more time for just one day. Sunday, May 5, from 11 a.m. — 4 p.m. Scott Homes was recently awarded ENERGY STAR’s 2012 Home of the Year “Best Demonstration Project” award. And, yes, we’re pretty proud of that. Coincidentally, we had a tour of homes planned this spring anyway. It all works out quite nicely.
If you missed the Inspiration Home last year, or if you want to talk to the owners and see if it’s living up to it’s potential, sign up for information on Scott Homes Spring 2013 Tour of Homes.
If you haven’t heard about the Inspiration Home, here’s the skinny: The Inspiration Home has every thing — energy efficient technology and finish — we could reasonably cram into one house. We wanted people to be inspired (get it? “Inspiration Home”?)
On the system side (dry information maybe, but pretty sweet when you get the monthly bills):
- Ductless Heat Pump (DHP), one of the most efficient heat sources on the market
- Heat Recovery Ventilator (HRV) to keep the home’s air fresh and healthy
- Walls and roof of Structural Insulated Panels (SIPs) for insulation, strength, longevity and reduction of waste
- Solar hot water heater to reduce energy consumption
- Starter Solar Panel Kit which can be easily expanded as needed
- Triple pane windows
- Raingardens — our goal is to have as little run-off as possible
- Water-proofing system (NOT “damp-proof”) around basement
We also loaded the Inspiration Home up with our signature Craftsman touches. We could have added more interior details but that would have been going for Baroque.
- Vaulted entry with custom twisted willow chandelier
- Coffered ceilings (being in the Northwest, we thought we were getting coffee and asked for lots and lots [Oh, I've got a million of them])
- Built ins surrounding gas fireplace
- Re-purposed brick on the fireplace
- Trex deck built for a lifetime right off the kitchen (BBQ heaven!)
- Custom-built kitchen shelves
- Re-purposed Craftsman buffet for the kitchen island
- Custom built-in breakfast nook with the sweetest windows ever
- Radiant heat floor in master bathroom
- Lots and lots of storage
- Very thoughtful ADA and multi-generational design
And, of course, there are lots of pictures to drool over.
While you’re here, take a few minutes to see all the fabulous partners who made building this home possible. Without their advice, design and products, well … we wouldn’t be calling it the Inspiration Home, I guess.
See you there!