DHP stands for Ductless Heat Pump. And they are truly amazing.
DHPs, also known as mini-split heat pumps:
- need 25-40% less energy than forced air or baseboard/space heaters, which means paying 25-40% less on your heating bill
- operate efficiently down to -5°F (the ones we use, anyway)
- are up to 25% more efficient than heating systems requiring ducts (forced air)
- run very, very quietly. Very.
- both heat and cool. The air conditioner is actually more efficient to run than the heater.
We love using DHPs in our homes because Read the rest of this entry »